Meet the 2023 Board Candidates

Board candidate bios are published as written and submitted by the candidates.

Erik Spencer

Erik Spencer headshotDistrict 3

My name is Erik Spencer and I have resided in the community of Yost, Utah most of my life and am running for the board of directors, representing District 3.

I am a graduate of Raft River High School. I served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I graduated from Utah State University with a B.S. in Agri-Business and am a former Box Elder County Cattlemen’s president.

I am currently a voting member of the West Box Elder County Coordinated Resource Management Group and a voting member of the Northern Utah Grazing Improvement Program. I have enjoyed serving in these organizations that have helped provide economic stability for ranching and farming families in our area.

My families ranching operation has always relied on reliable and affordable power provided by Raft River Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. As a board member, I would do what I could to ensure that this service continues and is something all co-op members can rely on in the future.

Lindsey Manning

Incumbent
District 5

I am seeking my second term as a member of the Board of Directors for the Raft River Rural Electric Cooperative. I am a resident of the Duck Valley Indian Reservation of District 5 of RREC. I have enjoyed working with the effort to deliver affordable and reliable electricity to the co-op membership. I am proud of the service, ability and dedication of those involved with operations at Raft River. I have completed certified training as a Board Member. I thank you for your trust and the opportunity to serve.

I was raised and grew up in a farming and ranching family at Duck Valley. I have been a producer for a number of years with my wife Yolanda and 5 children. I have worked for the tribal government at Duck Valley for over 40 years and am presently serving on the Tribal Council.

I was elected Tribal Chairman for two terms. I served in most all aspects of community service including Executive Director of the Duck Valley Housing Authority and Chairman of the Community Health Board and Emergency Response Commission. I’ve also served as Grant Writer and Tribal Planner for the Shoshone-Paiute Tribes for a number of years.

I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from Boise State University in History and Secondary Education. My wife Yolanda, is a BSU graduate and is a semiretired teacher and presently teaches the Paiute Language in our community. We have 24 grandchildren and are enjoying our senior years. Thank you again for this opportunity.

Rob Cottle

Rob Cottle headshotAt-Large

I am running for an At-Large seat on the Raft River Electric Board of Directors. After graduating from Raft River High School, I spent one year at Ricks College, where I met and married my wife, Sheryl. I decided then, to make the United States Army my career. After bouncing around the country and dragging our three children (Hailey, Megan, & Justin) along for the ride, we decided after 24 years it was time I retire and start a new chapter in our lives. In August of 2012, we moved back home to Malta to be the 3rd generation to run the family cattle ranch. I was also able to complete my Bachelor’s Degree at that time.

Since returning, we have been members of the coop. I currently serve on the Raft River Flood Board (2014 – Present), the advisory board for Cassia 43C Water District (2018 – Present) and the East Cassia Soil and Water Conservation board (2020–Present).

I believe my formal education, the time spent in different leadership roles in the Military, along with the experiences I have gained from being part of the community, will allow me the insight needed to fulfill Raft River Electric’s mission to deliver safe, reliable and cost-effective power to our communities.

I look forward to the opportunity to serve as a director, while working with all members of the co-op, to ensure its success for future generations.